Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 4

Tomorrow, Tomorrow and Tomorrow
No progress today. This weekend I went to the town of Fremont, where my parents live, primarily to have pants that I got for Christmas tailored, but also to let my parents feed me (thanks, parents!). Anyway, the Blockbuster Video in town is going out of business, and their signs saying “Everything Must Go!” called to me. I was as a lust-blinded sailor walking into the depths of the sea to embrace a mermaid … and then too late I saw the mermaid had bad skin. I bought a bunch of DVDs for $2.99, none of which I needed – or even really wanted – yet ever since I returned to my home, I have been watching them one after the other anyway.

(And before I continue too far from the aforementioned and related note of pants getting tailored, 2010 as the year of rock-hard abs is off to a similarly slow and pie-filled start.)

So both of my resolutions are thus far still gathering momentum. No matter. My New Year’s Resolutions usually never get any traction until about August anyway.

Of course, I jest. I return to work tomorrow after the New Year’s Day holiday and a couple of vacation days, and that return to normalcy/drudgery will be just the kick start I need to begin in earnest my voracious consumption of Shakespeare’s words, as well as the advent of kick-ass abdominals. Not during the workday, naturally.

After I get home.

Where my DVD player is.

Um, yeah, seriously, maybe check back in August for my thoughts on The Tempest.

1 comment:

  1. If you are taking requests I say you read "Twelfth Night" next. I say "nertz" to the order of your grandparent's antiquated Shakespeare setup. We did this play in sixth grade and it inexplicably ended with us dancing to "Footloose" in a highly regimented dancing caste system (I was a moonwalker-top of the dancing Shakespeare troupe's foodchain baby). Anyhow, I have been vaguely confused ever since. Can you check this out for me? I am too busy reading my way through the Pulitzer Prize Books and The Almost Pulitzer Prize Books that I take pity on. Thanks Peach.

    ReplyDelete